§1 General provisions
- These Regulations (from now on referred to as the "Regulations") define the rules for online sales and the return of tickets for events organized by the Lentz Villa, except for the inaugural series.
- For the Regulations, the term "event" shall mean all forms of statutory activity organized by the Lentz Villa, based in Szczecin, at al. Wojska Polskiego 84, (from now on referred to as "Villa" in the Regulations), attended by visitors and audiences.
- Whenever the Regulations refer to the Villa's website, it means the website available at: willa-lentza.pl
- By purchasing a ticket for any event, you accept the provisions of the Regulations, commit to their application and consent to the processing of personal data to complete the order. By providing the Villa with personal data while purchasing a ticket, the person concerned expressly agrees to its storage and processing by the Villa for the purpose of purchasing tickets and the necessary contact between the relevant parties.
§2 Sale of tickets
- The Villa offers online tickets sale at: bilety.willa-lentza.pl
- When purchasing tickets, it is necessary to make payment in the form of a quick online transfer.
- Payments for online tickets are handled by FIRST DATA POLSKA S.A. (owner of the POLCARD brand), address of the registered office and main place of business: al. Jerozolimskie 100, 00-807 Warsaw.
- Payment for the placed order must be made during the ordering process.
- After payment, the ticket will be sent in PDF format (within a maximum of two hours) to the address indicated on the personal data form. It should be presented to the ticket collector upon entry to the appropriate event.
- Whilst purchasing tickets online, it is possible to request that an invoice be issued.
§3 Types of tickets
- The Villa sells the following tickets via the Internet: regular tickets, reduced tickets, group tickets and the ticket charged at five zlotys.
- The conditions for purchasing a reduced ticket are explained in the Tour Regulations in force at the Lentz Villa, available on the Villa's website
- In the case of online purchases, the admission ticket to the event is a printed ticket sent in PDF format to the buyer's email address or displayed on a mobile phone screen.
- The ticket must be presented to the ticket collector upon entry to the event.
- The ticket allows you to enter a specific event once. The code it contains is only valid during the first scan. The Villa reserves the right to refuse admission to the event to persons who already have a scanned (invalid) ticket.
- A ticket that is illegible or damaged may be considered invalid.
- The Villa is not responsible for the buyer's incorrect choice of the event, type of ticket, or incorrect completion of the personal data form and the resulting consequences of this fact.
- A ticket purchased online is not eligible for a refund or exchange, except in the event's cancellation. An unused ticket loses its validity and is considered null and void.
- If the event is cancelled, the Villa will refund the payment to the bank account or credit card from which the payment was made..
- In the event of the cancellation of an event, information on the return of tickets will be provided by calling 91 822 84 84 or by email – email@example.com.
- In the case that a VAT invoice confirms the purchase of the ticket at the ticket office, then the basis for returning the ticket is the acceptance of the buyer to receive a correction of the VAT invoice. The Villa may withhold the reimbursement of the ticket price until it receives a signed correction of the VAT invoice.
- In the event of a complaint, please contact us by calling 91 822 84 84 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Time for considering the complaint: 14 working days from the date of notification.
§5 Final provisions
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, generally applicable provisions shall apply.
- Disputes arising from applying these Regulations and in connection with the performance of contracts concluded between the Villa, and the relevant and appropriate court will consider the matter according to the provisions on factual and local jurisdiction following the Act of November 17, 1964, Code of Civil Procedure.
- The Regulations come into force on the day of publication on Villa's website.